Search This Blog

Monday 4 August 2014

Books 2014: The Cuckoo's Calling

As I've said before, I don't often read crime novels. Mainly because I don't care much for gory violence and other horrible stuff. I like quiet books. But when crime novels are well written, I enjoy them as much as any other book. My type of crime novel is the ones that appeal as much to my brain as to my adrenaline.

J.K Rowling (= Robert Galbraith) is simply an excellent writer. Her Harry Potter-novels are of course splendid. Her stories about private investigator Cormoran Strike is exactly how I like crime novels. He is a failure in many aspects of life, but has a brilliant mind for solving crime. In this first book, he investigates the apparent suicide of a supermodel, Lula Landry. By his side, he has a young assistant/secretary, Robin Ellacott. Together, they make a great team. I won't reveal too much if I say that Landry's death was of course murder, not suicude, and that the case gets solved satisfactorily. Who did it? You must find out yourself. It's a great read!


Galbraith, Robert (2013): The Cuckoo's Calling. London: Sphere. Kindle edition.

No comments: